Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All new topic...it's BABY time!

So it's been a looong while since I've made a . I've been busy...I'm making a baby, and it's a boy! I'll be 27 weeks on Friday. Wow- that's 7 months already. Can't believe how time flies!

It hasn't all been fun though. I was laid off in October, and can't find a job now (Go figure). I've kept busy by throwing myself into the role of "housewife"- somewhat distainfully at first, but it's getting easier. I try to keep up on laundry and dishes, make the house somewhat clean for when the husband comes home, occasionally have dinner ready for him. My latest projects have been new bedrooms!

McKaylee has wonderfully obliged to move downstairs to a more private bedroom, so I transformed our "junk" room form ugly to adorable!

Her old room is becoming the baby's room. My sister kindly helped paint both rooms, but she's back in school now so I'm on my own to finish. I'm down to four boards of trim- the end is in sight! I will post a picture when I have the crib all set up and room decorated.

Here's McKaylee's new room though- Awesome! She hasn't seen it yet, but if she doesn't like it- I'LL move down there!

It looks darker than it is 'cause I closed the shutters and took it the night I finished instead of waiting 'till morning, but what is now green used to be ugly wood paneling (it's obviously still there under the green paint, but I love the texture it gives now!) and what is now yellow was plain white. I did paint the trim too- that was all dark ugly wood. That was the hardest part too, but it makes it look so fresh and bright! I sure hope she likes it- now THIS looks like a great room for an 8 year-old. I wish I had had something this nice growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment